mostly photos.. and hardly frequent..

Monday, April 24, 2006

New York International Auto show - part 2


This one will be for the European cars...

What else to start with but Ferrari? Lesser said the better.

The model next to the master was courteous enough to get me a picture of the engine too. So different than the others who just keep blabbering about the features of the car.

Then there were a collection of Porsche cars... Carrera GT was the one which was on display. Costs a hundred grand in US. Is it worth it? I heard someone telling 'After all this is the only life I will get. Why should I settle for something less? I want to enjoy my life fully.'. I remember a saying in Kannada.. 'saala maaDi tuppa tinnu'.. which means 'eat ghee even if it means taking loan'.

Let me not diverge from the topic. Big cars for larger than life lives. Here you are!!!







Then came the Merc, a.k.a Mercedes. I just barged into a CLS550. Couldn't resist the temptation to sit behind the wheels. But this one was way too low. Felt I was just clear of the ground. I personally like higher seats.


They had displayed lot of engines of these Mercs too. Not that I understood any of the mechanical stuff or could recognize the parts. But yes.. I did see the engine of a Merc man!!.. Want proof?.. :D...


Peoples' car!!!... translated word to word, will mean 2 intertwined Vs, Volks wagen...

I had always wanted to see how Beetle looks from the inside. For the genuine design and the compact nature insipired by one of nature's cutest children, this was very spacious from the inside and impressive dashboard. I figured out that if not for the 2 seater design, it wouldn't

have been a 'BEETLE'.. :). There were the latest models of Jetta and GT also on display. But I was a happy man already.

BMW!!!... 750i was an awe-inspiring machine. I stood in the queue to just get behind the wheels. There was this dial, which moves to get different options on the LCD screen - the GPS, rear view while reversing, FM radio, video and even night vision I suppose. There are buttons all the way to open the ash tray and toll holder too. The door closes by itself without the passenger having to pull it with a thud in order to ensure its locked well. I'll need one more blog to describe all the features. Watch some pictures now. Btw, it costs just 72K USD. Taxes extra I guess.. ;)

The sad part of this show was that there were only 3 bikes on show. 2 from BMW and one from Suzuki. The suzuki was a 6 cylinder one and BMWs 4 cylindered ones. Liked the BMW for power and looks.

I did miss the Audi and Volvo segments somehow. Will try to get some pics from somewhere and post them.

Thats it for this part. I think I have enough for two more posts. So watch this space!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home