mostly photos.. and hardly frequent..

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Some sweet memories associated with...


... these photographs. These are the
photographs of Lucent Technologies'
facility in Holmdel, NJ, USA.

This was where I had dreamt to be when I was in the college, studying about all the innovations in the world of electronics and communications... the transistor,after which this water tank was designed, the waveguides, the Shannon's theorm, UMTS, Strowger switch, the telephone equipment, the movie camera and what not.

Then when I thought I was getting into some other company, then I got an impression that may be I was not made for that kind of work. May be I'm not that material. Then as fate would have it, I had to come here again, though through a different channel but not too far from what was being done here.

Was it some sort of dream come true? Well I thought so. A great place, a great university like ambience, huge expanse of land with lake, geese, birds, deers and last but not the least, the cherry trees which would blossom in Spring. I shall post the cherry blossom photos in some other post.

On my 3 visits here, I could also see snow for the first time in my life. That was a wonderful experience.

Friendly would be the only word which can express people who worked here with me. Want to post their photos too... but I would rather take their permission for doing so.

It is sad, but true that this will no longer be with Lucent anymore. How I wish even this dream of mine came true and what appears to be going south, actually springs up and gets back its losing glory, which is truely deserves.

All I can do is hope hope and hope for these things are too big for me to change. One should accept things are they are rather than the way one is. Isn't it? Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home